Last Updated: June 30, 2020
- CRC Property Management LLC (the "Company") takes your privacy seriously. We want you to know how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
Assistance for the Disabled
- What personal information we collect;
- The sources from which we collect your personal information;
- The purposes for which we use your personal information;
- How we share your personal information;
- How we protect your personal information;
- California-specific information;
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
- We do not collect any infromation from anyone under 13 years of age. The Site and the Company's services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Site.
- "Personal information" means information that identifies, relates to, describees, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular Consumer or household.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- a. Identifiers, including: real name, alias, telephone number, Internet Protocol address, and email address. In addition, if you are a current tenant, we may also collect your postal address, date of birth, Social Security number, and driver's license number or state identification card number for identity verification purposes.
- b. Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law, including: applicants to affordable housing can voluntarily self-identify ethnicity. The Company uses this ethnicity information only, as required by law, to report to state and federal agencies regulating affordable housing.
- c. Inferences, including: for current tenants', your self-reported interestes, e.g., tennis, that you voluntarily provide to us for the purpose of arranging activities and finding other tenants with similar interests.
- d. Financial Information, including: your payment card number and associated payment information and bank account name and number, to facilitate payments to the Company.
- e. Internet Activity Information, including: device identifier, browswer information, operating system characteristics, Internet service provider, IP address, and information regarding your interactios with an Internet website, application, or advertisement and other online behaviors.
- f. Geolocation Date, including: rough geographic location from your IP address.
- g. Sensory or Surveillance Date, including: if you are a current tenant, footage from video recordings as part of a service request.
- h. Professional or Employment-Related Information, including: the name and contact information for your employer and your current salary.
- i. Commercial Information, including: if you are a current tenant, your vehicle information, and interest in products and services which you identify in connection with joining a tenant interest group.
1. THE SOURCES FROM WHICH WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Company collects all the categories of personal information listed above from the individual him/herself, as voluntarily provided by that individual, via the Site, in person, or through forms and surveys embedded in the Site.
- The Company also collects Internet Activity Information and Geolocation Data through automated technologies on the Site, e.g., cookies.
- If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off cookies by adjusting your compuet browser settings. If you turn off your cookies, some of the features on the Site may not function properly.
2. THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Business and commercial purposes:
- Performing property management and/or asset management services. Property management services include providing property rental, upkeep, maintenance, repair, and related services, determining rental eligibility, verifying tenant information and identity, processing payments, and providing analytic services.
- Facilitating communications, for example, by collecting and organizing contact information, establishing means of communications, and communicating with Consumers, including service requests for current tenants.
- For community outreach and to build community.
- With respect to prospective tenants, for marketing and lead tracking.
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the user and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, auditing compliance with the law.
- Detecting security incidents.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our rental property services, and to improve, upgrade, and enhance our rental property services.
- Compliance with the law.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, Consumers, or others.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Company does not sell personal information to any individuals.
For all catgories of personal information:
- The Company and certain of its related companies may work in concert to manage real estate properties and provide services to tenants (the "Property Management Team"). The Company may share personal information with its Property Management Team for the business and commercial purposes listed above.
- The Company may disclose personal information about service members to the U.S. military, upon the military's request and as permitted by law.
- The Company discloses personal information to vendors, as necessary for the business and commercial purposes listed above, including unrelated property management companies, payment processing vendors, lead tracking vendors, and collections vendors, law firms, auditors, and consultants.
- The Company discloses personal information to government agencies, law enforcement, and other parties as required by law and as necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, its subsidiaries or affiliated companies, employees, customers, and users.
- The Company may share personal information with a third party in connection with or during negotiations of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
4. CALIFORNIA-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Your California Privacy Rights and How to Exercise Them
- This California section applies only to the personal information of Consumers who are residents of California ("California Consumers").
a. Your California Privacy Rights
- Right to Know: California Consumers have the right to submit a verifiable request to know what personal information the Company collects, uses, discloses, and sells about them.
- Right to Delete: California Consumers have the right to submit a verifiable request for deletion of their personal information that the Company has collected or maintains.
- Right to Opt Out of Sale: California Consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information. California Consumers under the age of 16 must opt in to the sale of their personal information, or their parent or guardian must opt in on their behalf. As noted above, the Company does not sell personal information. In addition, the Company does not have actual knowledge that it sells the personal information. In addition, the Company does not have actual knowledge that it sells the personal information of anyone under 16 years of age.
b. How to Exercise Your Rights
The Company will respond to requests in accordance with applicable law if it can verify the identity of the individual submitting the request. California Consumers can exercise their rights to know and to delete in the following ways.
- Complete the online request form available here.
c. How We Will Verify Your Request
- The processes that we follow to verify your identity when you make a request to know or a request to delete are described below. The relevant process depends on how and why the request is submitted.
If you submit a request by an means other than through a password-protected account that you created before the date of your request, the verification process that we follow will depend on the nature of your request as described below:
- Requests to Know Cateogries or Purposes: If you request to know categories of personal information collected, sources, sales, or the Company's business or commercial purposes for use of your personal information, we will match at least two data points that you provide with your request to know, or in response to our request for verification information, against information about you we already have in our records and that we have determined to be reliable for purposes of verifying your identity. Examples of relevant data points include your mobile phone number, your zip code, or information about products or services that you have purchased from us.
- Requests to Know Specific Pieces of Personal Information: We will match at least three data points that you provide with your request to know, or in response to our request for verification information, against information that we already have about you in our records and that we have determined to be reliable for purposes of verifying your identity. In addition, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the California Consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
- Requests to Delete Personal Information: Our process for verifying your identity will depend on the sensitivity (as determined by the Company) of the personal information that you ask us to delete. For less sensitive personal information, we will require a match of two data points as described in Point No. 1, above. For more sensitive personal information, we will require a match of three data points and a signed declaration as described in Point No. 2, above.
We have implemented the following additional procedures when verifying the identity of requestors:
- If we cannot verify your identity based on the processes described above, we may ask you for additional verification information. If we do so, we will not use that information for any purpose other than verification.
- If we cannot verify your identity to a sufficient level of certainty to respond to your request, we will let you know promptly and explain why we cannot verify your identity.
d. Authorized Agents
- If an authorized agent submtis a request to know or a request to delete on your behalf, the authorized agent must submit with the request either (a) a power of attorney that is valid under California law, or (b) a document signed by you that authorizes the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf. In addition, we may ask you to follow the applicable process described above for verifying your identity. You can obtain an "Authorized Agent Designation" form by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
e. The Company's Non-Discrimination Policy
- California Consumers have the right not to be subject to discriminatory treatment by the Company for exercising their privacy rights uner the California Consumer Privacy Act, and the Company will not discriminate on that basis.
f. Tracking Users Over Time and Across Sites:
- We track your online activities over time and across websites or online services on an individually identifiable basis. For example, we may serve you advertisements on other websites based on what appeared to interest you on our Site. We do not allow third parties to use our Site to track your activities over time or across other websites.
Some web browswers incorporate a "Do Not Track" feature (DNT) that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Many websites and applications, including our Site, do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. For more information about DNT signals, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
- For More Information: For questions or concerns about the Company's privacy policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
The information contained in this Web site is provided to you by CRC Companies LLC and its related companies (referred to as “CRC” for your convenience). Your use and access to this Web site, or any of the information herein, is conditioned upon your unqualified acceptance of the following provisions.
Your use of this information shall be solely for personal and noncommercial uses and shall not be for any unlawful or prohibited use. CRC reserves the right in its sole discretion, without notice, to deny access to this Web site or any of its information. The information provided, or any portion thereof, shall not be altered, published or sold for any purpose. The content (and compilation thereof) included on this Web site is the property of CRC or the suppliers thereof and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. CRC reserves the right to remove or modify, without notice, any portions of this Web site and your continued use of the Web site constitutes your acceptance of such modifications.
“AS IS”, No Warranty or Guarantee:
Your use of this Web site is at your sole risk. The information contained in this Web site is provided to you “as is”, “with all faults”, “subject to all defects” and without any guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, completeness, reliability, effectiveness, or that the use hereof will be error free or uninterrupted. In no event shall CRC, its related companies, and their respective managers, members, officers, directors, employees or agents be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of your use, access (or inability to access) or any defect in the Web site or the content or graphics contained herein whether resulting from loss of use, data, revenue, contracts or profits and whether in an action in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise whether or not CRC, its related companies, and their respective managers, members, shareholders, partners, officers, directors, employees or agents knew or should have known of the likelihood of such damages.
Links, Advertisements, Coupons and Discounts:
This Web site may contain links to Web sites operated by other parties or advertisements, coupons or discounts relating to other matters or items. Such links, advertisements, coupons or discounts are provided for your general information and any use thereof shall be at your sole risk. CRC makes no representation, warranty or guaranty with respect thereto including but not limited to the accuracy, completeness, effectiveness or benefit thereof and CRC, its related companies, and their respective managers, members, officers, directors, employees or agents shall have no liability whatsoever with respect thereto. By including such links, advertisements, coupons, and discounts, CRC does not make any endorsements thereof.
©2017 CRC Companies LLC